Tweedsmuir Village History

Tweedsmuir Village History

Upper Stewiacke Village Women's Institute

Regular price $25.00 Sale

Publication Info

  • Publisher: n/a
  • Edition: n/a
  • Date Published: n/a
  • Place Published: n/a
  • ISBN: n/a

Details

  • Condition: Good
  • Signed: No
  • Dust Jacket: No
  • Jacket Condition: n/a
  • Details:
    c. 1951. 111 p. 22 cm. One map of the area and several small sketches. Revised edition. Brown card covers with silver print. Faded spine has torn tail. Title page inscribed "With compliments of Norma & Ethel" and red ink inscription on page 32 reads that on "Nov. 8 1933 Mrs. J. A. Reynolds & Tillie Rogers drowned in the river." The history discusses the history of the Upper Stewiacke Women's Institute and the history of c. 1951. Upper Stewiacke itself, the tornado, the hail storm, the topography, past and present property owners, a century and a half of church life, Riverside Cemetery, doctors, schools, prominent persons, Eliakim Tupper, Samuel Creelman, Rev. Dr. Smith, the Francis family, Carl Creelman, Robinson Cox, Charles D. Creelman, J. D. Cox, Major J. W. Logan, Kenneth Cox, Parker Cox, Lyle M. Creelman, fraternal organizations, the village post office, lumber industry, stores, shops, garages, etc. Eight pages of local advertising at rear - and a page for autographs.