The Book of Common Prayer was first produced in 1661 and attached to the Act of Uniformity in 1662 under King Charles II. The book was thought lost by 1819 only to be rediscovered in 1867 among the originals of the Act of Parliament. This 1891 lithograph facsimile of the handwritten fair copy of the manuscript was dedicated by special permission to Queen Victoria. At the back of this book is a facsimile of the rear of the original. Visible are the seven holes, through six of which the strings passed to attach the volume to the Act of Uniformity. The Act of Uniformity also has six holes which correspond exactly with the six strings.