Monarch Oil Co. photo
Company founded in Kitchener, Ontario in 1912 as Berlin Oil & Grease Company, featuring Monarch Brand Lubricants and distributing to communities in southwestern Ontario. In 1916, proprietor Bill Burns changed the name of his company to Monarch Oil Company to coincide with the name change of Berlin to Kitchener. The business was operated successfully with the help of a partner, R.H. Hodgins, and was eventually taken over by the company, E.D. Weber Oils & Greases. Note the name E.D. Weber appears as proprietor on the sign in this photo. In 1939, Mr. Weber sold the business to his son Bruce Weber who became was later mayor of Kitchener. In 1985 Bruce Weber sold his business to a group of his employees; in 2015 the company was sold to Tuxton Inc.
- Publisher: n/a
- Edition: n/a
- Date Published: nd. ca. 1930s
- Place Published: Kitchener, ON
- ISBN: n/a
- Condition: Very good
- Signed: No
- Dust Jacket: No
- Jacket Condition: n/a
Approx. 20 x 25 cm b&w photo in 29 x 34 cardboard frame. Ink notation at bottom identifies one of the two men in the picture as C. Koopman.