The crew here at Attic Books is looking for a new member. The position would be part time (16-24 hours per week), involve a Saturday or Sunday shift and it is minimum wage.
The job mainly entails:
- Customer service and cash
- Pricing, sorting and shelving books (…correctly- this is where a love of/experience with books comes in handy, although it’s not necessary)
- General cleaning and grunt work (i.e. lifting and moving boxes of books)
- A strong work ethic
- A quick learner with a great memory and good organizational skills- this is probably THE biggest asset for this position
- Someone who is capable and comfortable taking direction and working as a team, as well as working independently and developing their own strategies
- Comfortable with “downtown” atmosphere (and all that it entails) as well as with our second-floor patrons
Address your cover letters to Marvin Post, and please include references.